U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: again on color absorption

Re: again on color absorption

I'm sorry but this is not an example of tonal-reversal at all. Tonal
reversal is the odd case where you start to have tone again (in reverse
proportion) after reaching white *under the denser parts* of the negative
(either silver or single color digital negative). The HSL case you mention
is simply a case where the colors don't progress toward being more dense /
opaque and that's pretty (boringly, if you like) normal when you don't
have a dense / opaque enough black. All my printers to day were exhibiting
that behaviour. (Except for case I was using Piezography B&W Selenium Tone
inkset w/ Epson 1160.)

13 Mayıs 2009, Çarşamba, 1:05 am tarihinde, Katharine Thayer yazmış: