U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Michallet paper

Re: Michallet paper

Judy,

When I was in art school in the 60s (by god) at Syracuse (a Methodist
institution originally) we had some great models who were none to
successful NYC dancers. They would come upstate for a week or so at a
time and stay with friends near campus to make a little money and then
slide back South to the city. The guys all posed in one sort of strap
or another. When I came to Indiana University I was amazed to find
that here amid the political power of the Farm Lobby and Earl Butts
and the still active remnants of the Klan that the models all posed in
the natural. The department was one of the only ones then that was so
dedicated to the figure and figurative imagery in general.

Jack