U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | FW: Alt print on Glass?

FW: Alt print on Glass?

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: FW: Alt print on Glass?
  • From: geoff chaplin <geoff@geoffgallery.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 07:30:32 +0100

I’ve used carborundum to grind telescope mirrors. You can get a variety of grades and starting with the coarsest working down to the finest you can get a perfectly flat (or evenly curved) surface. However you only need to provide grip so one grade alone should do but no idea whether the finest or the coarsest will be best for this application. You will need a flat surface to put the glass on – and probably with a thin layer of something which gives a little to absorb minor variations in the reverse of the glass – and will need to make a tool to rub over the glass with the carb in between For mirror grinding we use another piece of glass bonded to a piece of wood with bitumen.

Not sure where to get carb now but Google throws up a good list. Traditionally this task is performed in a freezing garage mid winter …… Good luck.

Geoff Chaplin

 ジェフ チャップリン

geoff@geoffgallery.net

www.geoffgallery.net

Skype: geoffchaplin1611

UK mobile (英国の携帯電話): +44(0) 7770 787069

Japan mobile (日本の携帯電話): +81(0) 90 6440 7037

Japan land line / fax (日本の電話とファクス): +81(0) 166 92 5855