U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Casein -> it's the paint

Re: Casein -> it's the paint

Hi all,

I tried with powdered pigment and this time (3rd trial) got an image. So,
(for the moment) I conclude that the reason of not getting an image in the
first try was the acrylic paint. The 2nd was made w/ the same emulsion but
this time by putting a little of ammonia in the development water (by
suggestion of a list member), it was better compared to the first time
(reacted to force development) but nothing near to usable / successful.

I'm making these tests on plain Yupo paper. And casein is much much better
in adhering to the paper -> in all my trials with gum on plain Yupo, the
emulsion had left the paper completely...

A side note: I got tonal reversal with the 3rd trial -> it was a very dark
/ contrasty mix exposed only 1 minute under UVBL (2 parts casein/pigment +
1 part 5% AD).

22 Mayıs 2009, Cuma, 10:06 pm tarihinde, Loris Medici yazmış: