U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Palladium on vellum

Re: Palladium on vellum

As usual from you Marek, you truely are an inspiration :)
Great work!

From: Marek Matusz <marekmatusz@hotmail.com>
Subject: Palladium on vellum
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Date: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 3:25 PM

#yiv2029243498 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv2029243498 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

 All,

Finally after being inspired by Dan Burkholher's show I
gothered all the supplies and made my first
palladium/platinum prints on vellum with silver and gold
leaf. This is one of my favorite prints that I printed
many times in gum, so I include two versions of gum prints.
The vellum that I am using now is very translucent, but it
crinckles and creases so easlily. I am learning how to deal
with it. It did not really like being ironed while wet.
You can see creases that are a result of that. On the other
hand I am enjoying the wrinkles and hande-made feeling of
the prints.

My scanner broke down so these are photographs of the
prints taken outside with the sun positioned to acccent
the vellum surface.

Marek

http://picasaweb.google.com/marekmatusz1/PalladiumOnVellumSilverAndGoldLeaf#

You have to copy and paste the link into your browser

Insert movie times and more without leaving
Hotmail®. See
how.