U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Autochrome and my ideas

Autochrome and my ideas

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Autochrome and my ideas
  • From: Mustafa Umut Sarac <mustafaumutsarac@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 17:17:20 +0300

I am thinking on Autochrome technology and I asked my self what can be done possibly ?

I have 3 ideas:

First : Inkjet Printing with autochrome color chemicals on to a transparent film and than coat the transparent film with panchromatic emulsion and than taking pictures with this plate and the emulsion.

Question : Is there any color chemical used by autochrome plates , could be inkjet printed on to glass or plastic plate ? If they would be with no poison effect , better !

Second : Making flat color filters with these chemicals and take many narrow band spectrum black and white pictures and load to computer and than inkjet printing with same color chemicals on to paper

Question : Is there any autochrome color chemical still available today and can be used to
A - Coating a glass filter of a analog camera
B - Use the same glass coating chemical as the inkjet paper printing inks

Third : Making small autochrome plates without covering with panchromatic emulsion and use these plates at the same place of digital camera infrared or ultraviolet filter next to ccd

Waiting your comments and information.

Best regards ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul