U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: F295 symposium long synopsis

Re: F295 symposium long synopsis

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: F295 symposium long synopsis
  • From: Mary Donato <gneissgirl@icehouse.net>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 15:40:53 -0600

Hello Alt-photo folks,

I had the pleasure of meeting Chris at the f295 symposium and can second all she said about the speakers, the environment, and the energy that was flowing. I have become a Pittsburgh fan, too. (Let's go Pens!)

It was my third f295 symposium and I have always come away inspired and excited. If I had known Chris would be the one teaching the gum printing workshop this year I would have SO been there, but I had already taken Scott McMahon's workshop in 2008, and early on had committed to Alan Greene's lens-building class instead. It was lots of fun, and I can't wait to use my new lenses, made from optical surplus glass and PVC pipe! One is a "landscape" lens with a telephoto option, and the other's a wide-angle.

Cheers,
Mary in Boise, ID

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gneissgirl/

--