Date: 10 Jun 2009
From: Catherine Tierney <ctierney [at] stanford__edu>
Subject: CoOL and the Conservation DistList

Dear Colleagues,

This is a difficult posting to write. For twenty two years, it has
been Stanford University Libraries' great pleasure to serve and
support the conservation community by hosting Conservation OnLine.
Sadly, Stanford---like so many other institutions---has been hurt by
the economy. As a result, we have had to make difficult choices. It
is with deep regret that I inform you that we are no longer able to
support CoOL. We feel it is important to alert you to this change
as we are aware that so many of you rely on the distribution list as
a medium of communication; there are still a number of things to be
worked out.

<URL:http://news.stanford.edu/news/2009/june17/layoffs-061709.html>

I make frequent use of the resources available from CoOL (Conservation Online) < http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/ >

Greg Schmitz
Alaska Moving Image Preservation Association
Anchorage Alaska