U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Printing on Aluminum plates

Re: Printing on Aluminum plates

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Printing on Aluminum plates
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:16:09 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;bh=O7Q+b/ZDA9A+jacKqxZJZCJIKUcp3GPaaGJyNOPxOnE=;b=Gqd5Ns+IkMiZ4iJ48Qrsed0DCNDOxZAqel2RWmxWUnN2UYCUjgTaXt8nwKHXsNtiEsiR0DBrhNYRBIb99sK/70xBGHQMu9jADKwFEMuyw+jENMFDrRZ4Qq3wM/TCXGUNKnvpYhBkuZK1aQT/5jSC6CoJ1SyNuMwmVQHeAtOOjnA=

That sounds like an interesting approach.  I see no mention of water bubbles between the metal and the gesso, and this is a problem that I often experience.  I'm a little confused about the notion of substituting gum arabic or water glass for water.  They are suggesting you dilute your acrylic gesso with gum arabic?  Or water glass?  Wouldn't this leach out in the development?  (or selectively hardened in the case of the gum?)

Please do keep us posted as this process takes shape.

Keith