U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Masking contact prints

Re: Masking contact prints

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Dan Burkholder wrote:

I don't know if it's still easy to get but years ago I purchased Masking Vinyl from AB Dick. This orange vinyl cuts easily and is a perfect UV blocking material. I still cut masks from it to cover out-of-control brush strokes on prints with hand-painted border. You know, when you're crafting a nice brushed border and your hand slips, putting a wild horse tail swoosh across the paper.

Commercial printers' supply sources sell that orange opaque (before Chelsea was a gallery district there was a particularly good one there-- probably on the web now. Named "Graphic Supplies," if memory serves. Or try Pearl Paint).

J.