U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: digitizing slides advice??

Re: digitizing slides advice??

Christina,
I've had fantastic success with a DSLR and a Beseler Dual Mode Slide
Duplicator, found on Ebay or (as I did) by asking around, quite likely there
may even be one at school sitting in a closet.

The big advantages to using the old school duplicators are that minor color
corrections are easily accomplished visually, once you get the framing
right, it's pretty much swap slide and shoot, and a I can shoot up to 4x5
transparencies or negatives if need be.

erie