U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: formula for platinum standard solution #3 ?

RE: formula for platinum standard solution #3 ?

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: formula for platinum standard solution #3 ?
  • From: EJN Photo <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 23:37:02 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:In-reply-to:X-MIMEOLE:Thread-index;b=ne/m7ObpTJIldhXRa6PJklCBzIJ/ufrgZzfeWNylaaIbYdJTCpezPpea8uxIdYcnFRPrkSDgHDo8CSZMunY02VO9h0A5ZQSjhtmn3DLIyr9IlV6nhlgsbrx4r8rfwWUCHE8Rq9IFBXlgOW+xWrNjkaitfgQnkR/yLlT/YzrnbNY= ;

Tom, When you are asking for a formula and then looking for a "standard" #
3, that suggest that you need to look at the seller of that product. There
is no standard #3 in my use of platinum chemistry.

There is no A and B ferric, nor is there an NA2.

What you want to do is make platinum solution using a different chemical
than the "standard" line is using. I was in fact told that telling people
that this alternative was bad for the industry.

I am sure you'll find the solution to your quest by looking at Mike Ware's
site. I don't have it in front of me now. You'll be making a .7M solution.

I'd be happy to post the formula, but I am away until the 20th.

Eric Neilsen Photo
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214 827-8301