U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | FS odd optical parts for unique projects

FS odd optical parts for unique projects

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: FS odd optical parts for unique projects
  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@silvergrain.org>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:52:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

Since I lost the lease to my darkroom lab, my life has never
been the same... finally have time to get outside during sunny
day! (Not really - I wish!!)

Really, I had to sell and throw out a lot of stuff. Here are
something I thought too good to throw out.

I want to let these things go to someone who has use for them.
These are not standard camera optics, so be careful.

1. Wollensak 50mm f/4.5 Anastigmat mounted on Synchro Matic
   heavy duty self-setting ("press") shutter. If you are
   making a small format camera, or science demo toy, this may
   be good for you. $15 paypal incl. USA shipping.

2. A set of 5 Bausch & Lomb micro projection lenses. These are
   Micro Tessar and others, not the top quality ones. 40mm
   0.08, 32mm 0.10, 16mm Micro Tessar (NA unknown), and 2
   unlabeled. These are probably useful if you are making a
   projection microscope (called micro projector) that blows
   up something in the order of one millimeter to 8x10 size.
   $15 paypal incl. USA shipping.

To be frank, these are something I picked up from trash at
some point, and don't recall paying for anything, other than
ice cream I was eating when I found them. So, $15 is
just to limit the interest to those who have uses, for the
trouble of shipping, and buying another icecream on the way
back from the post office.

3. Durst point source

This is a bit different. It's a set of Durst Varipoint
Transformer with 3 halogen bulbs, which were sold for
Laborator L1200 but fits many Durst condenser heads to convert
them to a point source head. Two bulbs are brand new, one is
partially used. The transformer box is essentially a Variac to
drop the voltage to a suitable range for the halogen bulb (up
to 12V) and adjust, since you won't be able to use the lens
aperture anyway. Unlike the other two above, this one is good
for production use, but only if you like the sharp,
contrasty look of the point source head. $100 or best offer.

Please reply off-list.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." (Miles Davis)