U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Kodak safelight filters from 1970s

Kodak safelight filters from 1970s

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Kodak safelight filters from 1970s
  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@silvergrain.org>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 18:27:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Comments: alt-photo-process mailing list

Hi y'all,

I hate that almost every single post these days is about stuff
for sale, but please forgive me, as I try to post only
somewhat interesting items here.

I have a set of original Kodak safelight filters, these are
gel filters sandwiched with glasses. I've actually not used
them, but kept them as a sort of historic collection. But in
planning for my re-opening of the darkroom lab, I'm in the
process of getting rid of stuff that I don't need for
operation.

I have 5x7 filters for Wratten Series 1, 2, 3, and OC in
original Kodak yellow envelopes, and one more filter (really
dark amber but not labelled nor in an envelope).

I also have two 5-1/2 inch diameter filters, also Kodak
products. One is Dupont S-55X dark orange, and another is
unlabeled dark red filter. Both come in original yellow Kodak
cardboard package with a sheet of Kodak Technical Information
W-4, dated 10-73.

I also have one piece of Kodak Neutral Test Card (18% on one
side, 90% on the other), which comes with Kodak Publication No
R-27, and it is copyrighted 1948. It comes in yellow Kodak
envelope, and the envelope is in rough condition but the gray
card inside is in excellent condition. The publication slip
has some handwritten note on it, but not much.

I don't know what the fair values are, but if anyone is
interested, please send me an offer. Suggested minimum bid:
$10 if you are local and will come pick up. $25 if you want
them shipped in the U.S. including shipping/handling.

Thanks,

Ryuji

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." (Miles Davis)