U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Gravure Pigment Tissue was Fwd: RE: Klaus Pollmeier

RE: Gravure Pigment Tissue was Fwd: RE: Klaus Pollmeier

Martin,

I am in the process of setting up to make gravure tissue on my carbon tissue coating machines here in Santa Fe.

I have a forum dedicated to carbon and other processes and have a sub forum on gravure tissue where one can follow my progress and offer advice.

http://bostick-sullivan.invisionzone.com/index.php come and join us. Many of the major gravurists in the world are on site already. (Goodman, Taylor, Osterberg, to name a few.)

The folks on the carbon section of the forum are also helping out as well.

We’re finding out the community is not as small as we once thought.

And if anyone here has any info on the making of commercial gravure tissue, formulas etc, please let me know. This will be especially for machine made tissue. I am estimating the need to be in the hundreds of sq ft a day, if not more,  so laydown methods like in the Morish book are fairly useless. And yes it is possible to make your own tissue. When I have time I plan to do a video on it. Richt now I have my plate full.

--Dick