U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Gravure Pigment Tissue was Fwd: RE: Klaus Pollmeier

RE: Gravure Pigment Tissue was Fwd: RE: Klaus Pollmeier

Yes, I was about mentioning it... It's not the end, you can still make use
of your equipment.

BUT, photopolymer gravure and copper plate gravure are different in my
understanding:

- With the classic method, you have a malleable / hand workable plate in
case you want to introduce hand work.
- Steel faced copper plates can give you longer print runs. (?)
- You have more plate choices; copper, zinc or steel... Each will give
different / intrinsic results.
- You can get more detail and tones (almost continuous tone) from the
classic method. (?)

-  ... What else according to you all? (And please correct me where I'm
wrong.)

I'm not strictly sure about the lines marked with (?)...