U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | "You've got a friend" Re: Gravure Pigment Tissue

"You've got a friend" Re: Gravure Pigment Tissue

Hello list,

I have just got to say I love this list. Thanks for the ideas and hope that all will remedy itself at some point. Its nice to know that you can put something out on this list and gain ideas, support, inspiration and yes even hope. As the James Taylor song goes "You've got a friend".

Dick, no problem with the Eddie Saloway connection, I have had a few ask if we were related. Who knows somewhere back in Poland or the Ukraine we may have some connection but we stand proud as the small Salowey clan., LOL its all in the spelling. Thanks also for all of your efforts and contributions to the Alt community. You may like to know I am among your first customers and am the proud owner of original Lumens and those wonderful xerox copies of labnotes, etc.!!! I loved all the experiences in my youth playing around with Platinum/Palladium.

I have a few additional questions for all.

1. What is the shelf life of Ferric Chloride? I have a stash of this stuff now and hope it will be viable when pigment tissue becomes available.

2. Mark, I have considered starting out with Polymer Plate Photogravure but thought it might be a distraction from the ultimate goal of copperplate. Upon reconsidering would the skills required in positive making and inking offer beneficial experiences to working with copperplate at some point? I would imagine so but some input would be valuable for me.

Thanks again to this community of "friends"

Marty