U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Polymer Plate: was Gravure Pigment Tissue

Re: Polymer Plate: was Gravure Pigment Tissue

Hi John,

JUst got back from a trip and have to do loads of laundry and other mundane things, then company from out of town coming.  Will try to do something next week on the scans.  The main thing I was pleased with is that the relative tonality looks very much the same with the "same curve."

I agree about the book—it's great.  Willis Lee inks with a brayer and I liked how that worked and figured it might help with the scratches, so I picked one up from Takach Press in Albuquerque.  David Takach was very kind and took me on a complete tour of their press making facility—it was really fun.  I also picked up a product there for cleaning polymer plates that is similar to Soy Solve, but much thinner and leaves less residue on the plates.

I'm still using a Denver screen right now.