U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs

Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs
  • From: Argon3@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:24:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Comments: alt-photo-process mailing list

In a message dated 8/26/09 7:44:01 AM, Argon3@aol.com writes:

Quote Bob: " Be certain to melt
it in a double boiler and TURN OFF ANY FLAME before opening the mineral
spirits...very flammable! "

Most artists that I've known who have worked with heat sources for boiling rabbit skin glue or wax usually get an electrical hot plate so that there's no open flame.  So if you go that route, you might want to scrounge up a hot plate.

Best

argon/JGronk

...and, of course, ADEQUATE VENTILATION!  Odorless mineral spirits are odorless but still potentially hazardous.  Just thought that I'd toss in a reminder on that.  Practice safe art!

argon/JG