U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: R.I.P. HDR

Re: R.I.P. HDR

Sounds like we're in agreement.  Somewhere in the movement of those slider bars we move from improving an image to creating an affectation.

Speaking of which, recently l'd found some PS brushes that when used with a dodge or burn tool create the appearance of scratches and water damage on the image.  I thought, 'hey that's cool i don't have to experiment on a real neg to be a new JP Witkin!'

Then I saw it used by many, many others on flickr to achieve the same basic results and that took the allure away quickly.  Perhaps there will be a time and place for it.....