To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: daniel smith gum

paul,
i use chunks of gum instead of the powdered, but the amounts should be the same. it only takes longer to dissolve.
i make a 33% stock solution ( 100gr gum + 200ml of distilled water) and i dilute it 1+1 for use (a ~16% solution). because i found that the 33% solution gets sticky too quickly when painting on the emulision. it starts drying, before i can even it out.
i don't use any preservative at all, but i keep the gum solution in the fridge. this way it keeps at least for a few months (even when not using distilled water, which i once did).

best wishes
phritz

Paul Viapiano schrieb:
Katharine...thanks, and btw...if I buy some DS powdered gum, how should I mix it?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Katharine Thayer" <kthayer@pacifier.com>