U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: which dichromate

Re: which dichromate

Yes, if you're talking about saturated solutions, ammonium is faster.

On Oct 9, 2009, at 1:13 PM, Keith Gerling wrote:

Does anyone know a simple method of determining whether a substance is Potassium vs. Ammonium dichromate? I just started using a fresh batch of what is supposed to be Pottasium dichromate and now I'm getting very bad results: staining and what looks to be overexposure. Whatever it is, I am using a saturated solution. Isn't Ammonium dichromate "faster"?