U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Miracle size for gum

Re: Miracle size for gum

paul,
on one hand you're absolutely right. gum is ultra-picky about surfaces and it's probably really only the gamblin one that works.
on the other hand i can't believe that pva-based sizes are only available in the usa, i found some for house-painting, but none for artists. i checked a bunch of datas heets for all kind of grounds available, but almost all seem to be based on some kind of acrylic, not a single one on acetate so far.
i will email to kremer pigmente (they do carry some gamblin products, colors and resins, but not the size). i'll ask if they can order the size and/ or can recommend something similar.

regards
phritz

Paul Viapiano schrieb:
OK, once more since it came up again today...

Gamblin PVA SIZE is what you want...other products called PVA are not the same as PVA SIZE. Results will be different since they are not the same material. If you could get Gamblin to release the formula to you or at least get an MSDS, you might be able to figure something out.

Find out WHO in Europe is a distributor for Gamblin products. In fact, email Gamblin via their site and ask before you go down a road of endless disappointment.

Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "phritz phantom" <phritz-phantom@web.de>