Re: which dichromate
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: which dichromate
- From: Keith Gerling <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 07:27:25 -0500
- Comments: alt-photo-process mailing list
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;bh=f+b1R+U6X9aSqnv13MgN2SYxq6Sfkehj/MfOL0oR9FY=;b=V8T0SrHvqpW+kzlr+isD++mw499YHXJ11Nfh0ej6Qpgpk72AR+nowdRq1dvDaClGjESAiHDtT2UufZwJ8dw60Owbsq5kojAmb14e1NKnDKHKRUllBGBsFXZ1DtdUucrUVh2z5XFDq7Ul7t+HE2Daz5JR9B7HLXc73oNYoZ+LeIM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma;h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;b=J3KZ+rq/3WYe1Z/P+Gfj9AoMwGf8/YzMpD2pKUl9SEUYt7dSd0xbWp+MZxrcBf+qNIdeDfSz8lHkUPi4EFxf94CC3AGxSEeyyhqBd18wHOvmFxkcam4VL9heNiaNg/u+8C26EWrRjyd9ESg/4GYMhG5y5aNeWB0C6v7iECbB1A8=
- In-reply-to: <Pine.NEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><Pine.NEB.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks Judy. Forgot all about the solubility differences. BTW, the stuff is the Potassium flavor.
On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Judy Seigel <email@example.com>
Mix a batch at the solubility of the ammonium dichromate: (13 grams to 50 cc distilled water) and see if it all goes into solution. If it does, it's ammonium.
On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Keith Gerling wrote:
Does anyone know a simple method of determining whether a substance is
Potassium vs. Ammonium dichromate?
If it's potassium, which is only about half as soluble, 50 cc would take only about 6 grams of the chemical.
As for am di being "faster," as I understand it, ammonium dichromate is only "faster" because there's a larger amount of it in a given amount of solution (as above).
I just started using a fresh batch of
what is supposed to be Pottasium dichromate and now I'm getting very bad
results: staining and what looks to be overexposure. Whatever it is, I am
using a saturated solution. Isn't Ammonium dichromate "faster"?