From: phritz phantom <phritz-phantom@web.de>
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Sent: Sun, Oct 11, 2009 3:40 pm
Subject: Re: was Miracle size for gum now tonal range

hi marek,
sorry, i can't offer these test strips either.
i only tested the saturated dichromate (~25%) and 1/5th of the strength (5%) at double exposure.
since i was going for maximum contrast for shadow exposures.

i don't know if anyone else experienced the abrupt end of the curve in the highlights, but for me it looks like that there is a practical end to the linearity of the process, caused by movement in the water, which can never be exactly repeatable.

also i think i've seen that small highlights in dark areas take longer to clear than bigger bright areas. a bit something like a chain reaction, one particle of gum going off and takes the next one with it.
did anyone else ever see this?

phritz