Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: Miracle size for gum

Can you use this PVA for doing multi-coat gums?
Mary Pat

On Oct 9, 2009, at 11:38 PM, Marek Matusz wrote:

Loris,
A note on the bottle says "post plasticezed neutral pH ply vinyl alcohol).
perhaps one can mix a PVA solution from polyvinylalcohol that can be bought. I suspect that there are other additives in the Gamblin product, but they might not be all that relevant to the gum sizing.
I also have to add it is so simple to just take some solution from the bottle, add water and brush it on paper, no additional chemicals, no mess.
Marek
> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 23:48:02 +0300
> From: mail@loris.medici.name
> Subject: Re: Miracle size for gum
> To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>
> Thanks for the report Marek. Unfortunately we don't have Gamblin
> products here in Turkey. Do you have any idea about the formula? I can
> find PVA but I'm not sure which one to buy and how much to use...
>
> Not directly related but just wanted to mention: For those who are
> interested in "casein", the miracle sizing is cheap acrylic gesso 1+4
> (or 1+5) with water.
>
> Regards,
> Loris.
>

> 2009/10/9 Marek Matusz <marekmatusz@hotmail.com>:
> >
> >  All,
> > A few weeks ago there was some discussion on PVA sizing and I decided to try
> > it for gum.
> > The 1:2 turned out to be a miracle!

Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.