To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: My own PVA glue sizing experience (attn: marek + the gum woesagain)

Hi Phritz,

I checked again with a wet hard bristle brush and no gum was lifted
until I finally physically damaged the surface. (I brushed very long
time and very hard.) Conclusion, my version of PVAc glue size is
perfectly fine in that sense. Very tough, very durable and keeps the
exposed/developed layer onto itself.

BTW, it's not a good idea to keep the coating solution (gum/pigment +
dichromate) for a day. You'll get "dark effect". Just mix enough for
immediate use.

I'll repeat that your coating solutions seems to be very high in
pigment load; that's definitely not a coating solution to
expose/develop in the normal way, to my eyes. I'd use that much
pigment only if I plan bleach development...