U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: My own PVA glue sizing experience (attn: marek + the gum woesagain

RE: My own PVA glue sizing experience (attn: marek + the gum woesagain)

Jeremy,
I would have never thought to use that paper for palladium. It seems it would soak a lot of sensitizer. The print is a gem.
Marek

> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:00:51 -0500
> From: jeremydmoore@gmail.com
> Subject: Re: My own PVA glue sizing experience (attn: marek + the gum woes again)
> To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremymoore/4035656484/
>
> This is sized with full strength Gamblin PVA Size on BFK Rives and I
> have a few more which haven't been scanned. I also pre-shrink this
> paper in a warm oxalic acid bath to ready it for the foundation
> palladium layer.
>
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Marek Matusz <marekmatusz@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On the other hand I tested a copule more papers with a 1:1 dilution, BFK
> > rives, which looked like a blottong paper, very porous and with a lot of
> > tooth (actually I got an email that somebody has been using it for a while
> > and sizing it with streight form the bottle Gamblin PVA with wonderful
> > results).
> > Marek

Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow!