U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: printer recommendations? also "printer" thread, Vivera inks,agfa

Re: printer recommendations? also "printer" thread, Vivera inks,agfa CopyJet

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: printer recommendations? also "printer" thread, Vivera inks,agfa CopyJet
  • From: Jean Daubas <jean.daubas@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 08:27:38 +0100
  • Comments: alt-photo-process mailing list
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:from:to:references:subject:date:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:x-mailer:x-mimeole;bh=rBAvB0RdhxmS2hcqSa0DnluH9hxwa/YFQ25452TEIkc=;b=FJQVHSrXIwInPUpXQJJD8O/7GOpzCR4+kNRMGiVddkbVRYzu3J4tQPt1F80fFWHAZS3b28vpBfPWNp1W400C/fGNEZ+taK8I/xhA6v2PBnCjQddspI3xBGzG7wx2swocQf1ilf/QGUv+lIJ5NAddpsvgKqKPHVT94A4bQUz1hJ0=

Hi Phritz,
...and hi all,

since printer choices are presently discussed on the list.
I could not reply immediately last week to Phritz' question about the use of inks for diginegs because i was busy on my exhibition of alt prints at the Biennal of Contemporary Art inbesançon (France).
All the prints I exhibited ( cyanotypes, VDB, argyrotypes, Kallitypes and gum) had been made using digital negatives printed with VIVERA inks from HP.
It's more than 2 years now that I bought a A3 format HP Pro 9180 using Vivera inks, both for diginegs and for "fine art" inkjet prints (B&W / color).
The B8550 is the "little sister" of my 9180 with less features and cheaper but it uses the same Vivera inks.

The Vivera inks are really excellent both for prints or diginegs and my HP 9180 gives wonderful results. They have been very praised for their archival qualities after being tested by Wilhelm-research institute.
For instance, Vivera inks have a better rating than Epson or Canon inks with Canson Infinity papers (see results at
http://www.wilhelm-research.com/canson/WIR_Canson_2009_06_07.pdf
One of the other special features of the HP 9180 is the automatic daily maintenance it provides, thus preventing the nozzles clogging which seems to be a real pain for plenty of Epson printers users.
I print A3 and A4 colorised diginegs (PDN system) on Agfa Copyjet transparent sheets which I buy in France (no Pictorico available in europe and also pictorico is too expensive). The Agfa CopyJet / Vivera inks marriage is perfect for me.

Hope it helps,
"alternative cheers" from france,
Jean

----- Original Message ----- From: "phritz phantom" <phritz-phantom@web.de>