U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: speaking of printers...

Re: speaking of printers...

Thanks, Keith, for all the advice,
It is photo black. It is the same print/file printed with a
windows and a mac both, same printer, same everything except
printer driver/platform.

What happens with the Mac is that it prints...weird...like
the printer driver is not making all nozzles fire.  But no
problem with this on the PC!  But I will print a nozzle
check on the Mac and PC at the same time and see if I am
correct.

When I print out the test pattern head alignment thing, it
only prints a few spots.  Again, I will do a side by side of
PC and Mac and see if my surmise is correct--that it is not
the nozzles but the driver.  No problem with this printer
ever until I printed with the new driver.  The old driver of
course is still on the PC.

THAT'S also what I will do--print a nozzle check etc. from
the printer itself.  Can't wait to get home and do it.

BTW it is not just an issue of PDN negs, but ALL docs I am
printing are not working--Excel, Word, Images in Photoshop,
PDFs--everything.  It is the worst buggy issue I have ever
seen in 22 years of computers.

Unfortunately I got rid of my computer and all previous
software.  When I went whole hog Mac I gave the whole kit
and caboodle away :( so there is no turning back.
Chris