U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Another PVA question

Another PVA question

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Another PVA question
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:39:45 -0600
  • Comments: alt-photo-process mailing list

OK, this is more troubling.  It seems that when I try to hasten the development of a stubborn third layer using a brush, it also brushes off the underlying two layers.  That's bad.  I'm using  Gamblin PVA size, undiluted.  Never saw THAT happen with gelatin.  Hardened layers were always impervious to anything.  Am I doing something wrong here?.  Arghh.  My preliminary tests were very good and I went and bought 4 big bottles!