U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: PVA question

Re: PVA question

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: PVA question
  • From: Jim Larimer <jrlarimer@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:30:58 -0700
  • Comments: alt-photo-process mailing list
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;bh=RUPtv7Ji9zAUSSWfuPdvphymoFZXZPAOaqiWJBFeGOU=;b=rILpzqROpG0Uu0BJvlFyksumCvKgjvJ9QOjb5W8rRXoj3juLkABAxxOuGJjemjlw+f8DyE+9UjFH1Q8Pfh/dR1ae6gpwH4lTgWQwP+wja4J34KBx02Z5owV/+aphNCwjQyArSdEsHJeP8gYPdJeQKCUUsZ/LowrvDixUuORDCi8=

Yes, Keith, the first layer printed on PVA clears rather quickly. And for me the additional layers also clear fairly fast, but I am assuming that is because I use the PVA full strength. When I first started using the PVA I would size in between coats and especially before a final coat of black. I ended up with a pleasing lustre print...but I decided that it was overkill and a waste of size.
Jim