U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Blacklight lamps

Re: Blacklight lamps

As I recall, when I chose BL bulbs rather than BLB (advised, if memory serves, by Greg Schmitz), among considerations was that the BL are used in acquariums, so likely to be around for a while. (Also, as I recall, tests showed them about 20% faster than the BLB.)

(Then again, maybe it was the other way around -- that BLB are geared to adquaria -- to make them look spooky ?)

Whichever, buy at least double the number your printer takes.... My first set still work, so the 2nd set could last til I burn out (if not longer)... But it would be a PITA to adjust to a new bulb type in midstream.

I have had the thought that the bulbs might dim a bit with use... tho gradually, so we adjust without realizing it.

And, finally,, if your system has bulbs that sit on the bottom, facing up... it can't hurt to dust them once in a while.

Judy