U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | getting the new list working- subscribing

getting the new list working- subscribing

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: getting the new list working- subscribing
  • From: "Gordon J. Holtslander" <gjh@shaw.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:51:02 -0600
  • Comments: alt-photo-process mailing list

Hi:

I've decided to move the list to a site set up by Kees Brandenburg. BIG thank-you's to Kees.

I am not able to get access to the old subscriber list yet.

I would like list members to subscribe to the new list, but not post to it until Monday December 7. This will give everyone time to subscribe, but won't split the discussion into two mailing lists during the transition.

I will send out one or two test messages each day on the new list so people can confirm they have successfully subscribed.

The new list will be managed by the Mailman list manager. It supports digests and archiving. It requires subscribers to make up and submit a password that is used to manage your subscription.

There are two ways to subscribe:

Via a web page:

This page will ask you to enter your name, your email address and a password. Mailman then sends an email message that you must respond to, either by replying to the message, or going to a specific web page.

The second way to subscribe is via email.

An email message can be sent to this address:

Alt-photo-process-list-request@lists.altphotolist.org

in the subject line you must enter the following:

subscribe your-password digest

where your-password is a password of your own choosing
if you want to receive a digest (all the messages from one day in one message)

or
subscribe your-password nodigest

where your-password is a password of your own choosing
if you want want to receive the messages one at a time as they are posted

Gord

--
Gordon J. Holtslander
gjh@shaw.ca