[alt-photo] Re: How do you reproduce your work?

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 28 16:22:59 GMT 2009

Chris,

Becky Larson is a good friend of mine who does gorgeous alt work and
pinhole.  She lives in Tampa.  You can access her contact info by
Googling Rebecca Sexton Larson.  Her website/blog should come up for
you.

Sam,  I love that you have these assumptions that we're all out there
getting our work published, so much so that we are faced with and need
to make these esoteric decisions.  :)

Nevertheless, I tend to not show the brush marks-- although it does
depend on the image itself and the process used.  I suppose if this
hypothetical publication is a book explaining alt processes, then it's
good to show those marks.  If it's simply work being published-- not
specific to alt process, or an alt process how-to publication, I would
hesitate showing the brush marks.  Again, it depends-- but I often
think showing those brush marks (in a publication or in an exhibit)
can get a little precious and suggests that you, as an artist, are
more interested in the process used than the image itself.  At least,
that's how I think when I see something like that. I do think that
brush marks often tend to detract from an image, rather than enhance
it.  Just my 2 cents.

Now I'm gonna go and see if I can get something published.  :)

Hope you're having fun in China, or on your way home (?).

Diana