[alt-photo] Re: NuArc 26-1KS ideal vacuum pressure?

ender100 ender100 at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 18:17:54 GMT 2010

Francis,

It doesn't take a lot of vacuum to get a sharp print.  I usually use a setting of around 10 on the dial. I think what is more important for SOME processes is to let the vacuum run a while before exposing in order to get rid of tiny air bubbles.  For coated papers, this is not such a problem—but for some processes with slick tacky surfaces such as carbon, silver, POP, Photopolymer Gravure, a longer drawdown time before exposure helps.
--
Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson