[alt-photo] SALT & COT 320

BOB KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Fri Apr 9 13:55:28 GMT 2010

DEAR LIST,
	I posted this yesterday but didn't receive any replies...maybe it
didn't go though so here it is again...
            Hi from Barbados!  A quick question

            The local Museum has asked me to give a lecture on some of the
processes used to make some 19th century prints in their collection.  They
wanted me to demonstrate one of the processes so I opted for a salt print.
The trick is that they want me to do everything at the demo except mix the
solutions (which I will need to do ahead of time): i.e., coat the salt soln,
dry, coat the silver soln, dry, expose, salt wash bath, wash, tone, fix,
wash.  That means that I wouldn’t be able to salt the paper ahead of time.
       The formulae always use gelatin in the salt solution.  If I use COT
320, a well gelatin sized paper, might I get away without putting gelatin in
the salt solution?  This would allow me to mix it a day or two before the
demo without the gelatin hardening.
       Thanks in advance for your suggestions

                               CHEERS!
                                           BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi