[alt-photo] NuArc UV units question

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 10 01:07:42 GMT 2010

Hi all...

Just got around to playing with a NuArc 26-1K I picked up a while back. It's
in beautiful shape, everything works well but I have a question.

I took at least 120 units (120.0 on the readout) to get a decent ball park
gum exposure, but it took 9 1/2 minutes to reach that level. That seems
awfully long to me. My sun exposures with the same negs are 2 - 2 1/2
minutes.

Now, I know they're not going to be the same but I'm wondering about the age
of the bulb here. So can anyone tell me how long an exposure in UV units is
so I can compare? Anyone with a fresh, or close to it, bulb? Any process at
all, doesn't matter. I just want to see what 120.0 units times out to on
another machine...

Thanks everyone...

Paul