[alt-photo] Re: New Platinum Prints

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Tue Apr 13 13:37:31 GMT 2010

Banding / venetian blinds efffect is a different issue and can affect any
printer to my knowing. I can't comment about 3800/3880, since I haven't used
them and/or I didn't saw any print that was made with negatives printed from
them... OTOH, to my knowing no inkjet printer will be able to push the
resolution limit of any high definition alt process. As I said before, I
feel OK with what I already get from my HP 9180B. (Although it gives more
grainy results when compared to my old Epson 1290.)