[alt-photo] Re: wet-plate collodion

Kerik kerik at kerik.com
Tue Apr 13 22:45:58 GMT 2010

This is not explicitly true. Collodion negatives only have a long scale if
they are intensified, which was common practice back in the day to match
the long scale of the albumen paper that they were printed on. If you make
a collodion negative and skip intensification, it will print very nicely
on modern silver gelatin papers.

But, it sounds like the OP wants to make ambrotypes in the darkroom under
an enlarger. I've had people do this in workshops and it works quite well.
You need a positive image to enlarge from, of course.

Kerik
www.kerik.com