[alt-photo] Re: new MFA program in alt!

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 19 19:31:56 GMT 2010

:)  That is so funny.

Actually, now that you brought it up -- what is the obsession with
this particular subject matter?  Not so much the severed rabbit head,
but the slack-mouthed expressionless people standing around in awkward
poses?  I see so much of that (you know, in prints)-- usually standing
around on the side of the road or standing on expansive green lawns.
A lot of that stuff seems to win prizes and be awarded book deals.  I
can't understand it.  That trend seems to have been around for years
now, and everybody keeps repeating it-- but no one seems to say, "hey,
this isn't original anymore."