[alt-photo] Re-acidifying papers with sparkling water?

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 14:52:28 GMT 2010

This is inspired by the lack of strong acids at home (where my dimroom is)
but has anyone tried to re-acidify paper buffered with calcium carbonate
using carbonated water (not club soda)? I trying to track down the exact pH
but I believe it is around 3. Our major super market chain sells a generic
brand of sparkling water called Big K and it costs about $2.00 a six pack.

It's been a while since my undergrad chemistry class but would there be an
issue with using a weak acid and base that share the same anion?

-francis

--
francis schanberger

www.frangst.com