[alt-photo] Re: Re-acidifying papers with sparkling water?

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 16:17:59 GMT 2010

I think club soda has more salts in it. I know I have seen club sodas
advertising low sodium by substituting potassium for sodium. In all likely
hood the Big K soda I drink has the sodium salts added to it for flavoring
or to keep the carbon dioxide dissolved or to buffer the pH.

I believe seltzer made in a seltzer bottle is just CO2 dissolved into water.
There is a whole spectrum of carbonated water products from mineral water to
seltzer.

Here is the wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkling_water

By the way, the joke at home is to call sparking water light beer. So if I
tell my wife I am going to the refrigerator to grab a light beer ...

-francis

--
francis schanberger

www.frangst.com