[alt-photo] Re: Pt/Pd printing Video

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Thu Apr 29 12:41:23 GMT 2010

Well, a 11x14" (image size) palladium print will cost me circa USD 3.85 for
the solutions + something like USD 2.00 for the negative (and inks) +
approx. USD 5.15 for the paper (full 22x30" sheet), which makes total ~ USD
11.00... (In case of multiple prints from the same negative then - USD 2.00
= USD 9.00, because the price for the negative will be negligible when
editioning - depending on the edition size.)

In case of 1+3 pt/pd, chemistry cost will be something like ~ USD 5.78.
(Totalling to roughly USD 13.00.)

Labor cost (and how much time you need for a print) is a whole other issue,
but quoting anything above USD 50.00 per hour (which isn't cheap at all - at
least in my part of the world) will be thievery, *IMHO*...

Regards,
Loris.