[alt-photo] Arista II OHP transparencies/gum

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 29 20:17:52 GMT 2010

By the way, and since I'm on a roll here with my posts, edging up to (past?) the 10 per day limit, I meant to write in to say that someone suggested, and I can't remember who it was now, that Arista II transparencies were as good as Pictorico, and less expensive.  I ordered some, and he/she was right.  It's the first brand I've used that wasn't Pictorico, where each transparency was pristine.  They were all good, and I'm on my second box now, still all good, and they print as well as Pictorico for me.  So, thanks-- to that person who suggested Arista II.

On a slightly related note, speaking of gum prints and the use of PVA, I had some gum prints on my website, but they were in different locations on the site.  I've now put them under one heading-- not all are up there, but they're in a central place now, and enough to see that there are some differences (I think) between those with PVA and those with gelatin.  There are only 3, actually, that were done with gelatin and Fabriano.  The rest are all on Rives and using PVA.  Even though it's just onscreen, I still think you might be able to determine which three are with gelatin/Fabriano.

Diana
www.dhbloomfield.com