[alt-photo] Re: Arista II OHP transparencies/gum

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 29 20:46:48 GMT 2010

I did try Inkpress, and that was actually one of those where every 3rd
transparency was damaged in some way, right out of the box.  So I've
been pleasantly surprised by the Arista, where every one has been
perfect, and it's also a little heftier than the Inkpress-- not sure
that makes any real difference, but I like a transparency that's not
so thin.  And the Arista is a pretty good price.

Diana

On Apr 29, 2010, at 4:39 PM, Jeremy Moore wrote:

> Diana,
>
> Have you tried Inkpress? I need to order more OHP and I can get a
> discount on the Inkpress, but if the Arista II is better...
>
> -Jeremy-
>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Diana Bloomfield"
>> <dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net>
>> <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>
>> Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:17 PM
>> Subject: [alt-photo] Arista II OHP transparencies/gum
>>

>>> By the way, and since I'm on a roll here with my posts, edging up to
>>> (past?) the 10 per day limit, I meant to write in to say that
>>> someone
>>> suggested, and I can't remember who it was now, that Arista II
>>> transparencies were as good as Pictorico, and less expensive.  I
>>> ordered
>>> some, and he/she was right.  It's the first brand I've used that
>>> wasn't
>>> Pictorico, where each transparency was pristine.  They were all
>>> good, and
>>> I'm on my second box now, still all good, and they print as well as
>>> Pictorico for me.  So, thanks-- to that person who suggested
>>> Arista II.
>>>
>>> On a slightly related note, speaking of gum prints and the use of
>>> PVA, I
>>> had some gum prints on my website, but they were in different
>>> locations on
>>> the site.  I've now put them under one heading-- not all are up
>>> there, but
>>> they're in a central place now, and enough to see that there are
>>> some
>>> differences (I think) between those with PVA and those with