[alt-photo] Re: Arista II OHP transparencies/gum

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 22:57:00 GMT 2010

Thanks for all the discussion on the transparency issue.

I guess for a low volume printing for my palladium I will stick with what I know, that is Pictorico. Savings are not so great to justify change. Pictorico is stil a standard to beat. For my multiple colour gums (lots of negatives) I am doing fine with cheap Crystal clear transparencies. I was hoping that there is something that would hold more ink at a fraaction of Pictorico cost.

On a separate note I just got some new carbon tissue from Bostick & Co and it is definitely a different material from a few years ago when I first tried it. There is very little curl and it feels different. I just made a few test prints and I am just amazed at the delicate highlights. I am using pictorico negatives here. Actually all my test prints worked to some extent. I really have a good vibe on this tissue.

Marek