[alt-photo] Re: Van Dyk sediment

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Fri Aug 6 06:20:46 GMT 2010

1. Yes.
2. Filter it out.
3. The black stuff is - probably - elementary silver; in later stages,
you'll also see mirroring in the internal sides of the bottle...

No adverse effect, but the loss of silver will eventually affect your images
(less silver = weaker image, in terms of density...), you'll know it then,
and you'll mix fresh sensitizer.

Hope this helps,
Loris.

P.S. How old is the sensitizer? BTW...