[alt-photo] Ziatype/EDTA solubility

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 16:01:56 GMT 2010

Jalo,
I forgot about EDTA issue that you are having. Looking at the picture on your blog it seems you have EDTA in the acid form (or simply EDTA). It is not very soluble in water and it has not gone bad on you. You will need to conver it to a sodium salt, which is very soluble. You can add either sodium carbonate or sodium hydroxide. The final soichiometry should be Na2EDTA or Na4EDTA, both work. I do not have formula weights handy for the calculations. Good luck.
Marek