[alt-photo] Re: Ziatype questions (update)

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 17:11:05 GMT 2010

Jalo,
I never liked steaming the paper (means lterally hot steam). Placing the exposed print at the bottom of deep tray (clean and dry)and covering the tray with wet towell provided good humidification. Just make sure that the towel is not dripping wet as a drop of water would ruin the print.
Time and temperature of himidification are likely to be related, at my conditions I would leave the exposed print for about 30 minutes. You can take a peak and see how highlights appear as the humidification progresses.
I also noticed that you are using dilute citric acid developer, while I aways used plain water. I am not sure if it makes any difference and what the "common" practive would be.
I am impressed with the number of test strips that you printed.
Marek